Tuesday, November 11, 2008

veteran's day is that a new birthday?

So last night i was going to the movie "Madagascar" with Kegan when, i realized it was veterans day tomorrow (which is today). And i figured "Does that mean i get like two birthdays every year!", i think i should, he he just throwing that in.
The real reason for this post was to inform you if you hadn't heard that i was promoted to the grade and rank , of E-5/Sergeant. It is sort of a new thing to me, it means that i have a little more responsibility. It is also means that I am a Non Commissioned Officer, basically i have no idea what that means except the other NCO's get pissed when i mop the floor. I mean really if i wanna mop a floor why can't I. And just so you know I have not re-upped my contract (renewed), I still am getting out in Dec. 17, 2009. Unless i get deployed six months from that day, to which i will get out as soon as i get back from my deployment. It's still a toss up even with Obama in office. well that's all for now still studying for my CDL and still working my crappy job. i love y'all, I'm out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy other birthday my hero brotha!! Im glad the cdl thing is still happening..sorry its not there yet but at least you're closer today then you were a month ago!
Love ya, I miss you. THANKS FOR POSTING!!!! Kiss Kegan for me (ew, not like that!)

rubberbucketsaysso said...

I was going to post for veterans days but got caught up in packing and forgot. Sorry. Thanks for what you have done, continue to do, and soon will be doing to protect us and those around us- even those who don't deserve it.... grr. j/k. Love you brudda, sorry we missed you when we were passing through.

Faminy o Chaos said...

aahhhahah aaaaaaaaaaah....!!! kreweg...gell..ssplatt!!

hello

LIS G said...

Just so you know it IS A BIG DEAL when you are now MR. SEARGANT GENTHER. You get way better pay!! DID you get the camera? I don't see pics?

Hot MMMama said...

Congratulations! It is a big deal to get promoted to Sergeant! It's cool too! And, other NCO's don't like to see you mopping the floor because you're now expected to do duties that are proper for your new title. And, it won't promote respect from most of the people you now outrank. There are a lot of other ways to share in the work load and still do jobs that will garner respect from the other people you work with.


.... but, I, for one, always admire a hard worker! ;-)