Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hahaha! makes me think of Dad.



For some reason, i was thinking of Dad when he used to cut wood outside near the garage. We the younger ones would pick up and quickly stack as much wood as we could, all the while dad would use his saw in some maniacal fashion. Wesley is the one with the saw in this one and here is kegan picking up wood.

It was a busy day to say the least it took us 3 hrs to cut the wood but we stacked her all up and put her away. just thought i'd share my bit o' memories!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yah! Dad and the wood choppin'..those were some fun times.We used to go to a forest somewhere near where we lived and he'd let us all loose while he chopped wood..then of course came the pickin' up time.
So when were those pictures taken? You were at the old house?

samuraijack said...

yep just a few days ago at the old house

TooSure said...

Wow, I love to see pictures of the old house. It is nice that you can heat the house with the fireplace to save some money.

Faminy o Chaos said...

Did you guys order a truck load the same way dad used to?

I loved how you described dad maniacly cutting wood...so true. I remember sometime he would toss wood your way without even checking to see you were done stacking the last piece and you would get hit. I wonder if that was ever on purpose? Hmmmm..........

Hot MMMama said...

I still think of dad when ever I smell saw dust... I didn't like stacking wood all that much, but I sure LoVe the smell of sawdust!

Thanks for the fun walk down memory lane...

Oh, and I wonder too if dad was trying to get us with the wood?! ....hmmm, maybe he didn't want to hear me whine about how cold my hands were!