Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jobs

So anyone who knows me, knows i lose jobs quick. Weird thing is i am not sure why, this last one i got working Steel i quit. although its too high ,plus a Madison County jailer job i applied to wanted me to appear for a test and it was keep the job you hate or go for the job you want. Well so far it seems to have paid off. (i hope) so far i have passed a physical test, consisting of a jump above 14 in., a push up over 21 reps, sit ups over 14 reps, a 300 meter Dash under 77 sec.(which is by the way exhausting) ,and a 1 1/2 run in under 17 min easy. well i past with flying colors. i was in the top 16 out of 40 who made it past the physical. Then right after the last 16 passers went for a written test that took 2 hrs. 2 days later i was informed that they wanted me to come in today for a Oral Board of Revue made me a little nervous, but too my surprise; there questions although deep, and very direct were easy to answer for me they seemed fairly open with me and glad i came in. (cross your fingers) anyhow i just found out from a couple of the other testers one of them Tom Smith that i was one of the 5 out of the 16 chosen to do an Oral Board of Revue. Tom didn't make it i guess :( So now i wait to see how my Background check goes and hope they call me in a few days to a week then comes a polygraph if i make it that far.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH-MY-GAWSH.
Thats so cool!! Im really glad you told us about all this. Sometimes I wonder if you still kept up your physical fitness routine and apparently you're still doing something good because you couldn't have done all that unless you were as fit as you are. Im really proud of you.

rubberbucketsaysso said...

yay!! Good job for you, hope it works out for you. btw, I'm glad you returned to the land of the living! ;) Love ya brudda

Anonymous said...

so any news?? or do you have to wait for 3months like Jonathan?

samuraijack said...

i dont know as far as i know its just that they will call me! it could be a couple weeks though to get the whole background check done

Faminy o Chaos said...

they called me on the background check as he had listed me as a previous employer.

If any remember I ran Core Computer Solutions...corecs.net ..still up...although I only have 3 remaining customers.

LIS G said...

Sounds really cool. I had to have lots of physical tests for my new job too, Mine wasn't as tough as yours though! WHat kind of work does a jailer person do? I would like to know that much? Is the pay good? I hope you get it! I had a hard time sticking with jobs too, I guess it's more than just a job, it has to be somewhere that you fit in, and actually feel like your making a difference or enjoying it in some way. Maybe that's why you have a hard time keeping jobs...I hope this one really works for you!

LIS G said...

PS. I miss you alot bro. I think about you alot, I want to make a trip to come see you guys and play on a weekend sometime, Is that going to work for you? I want Dan to get to know my family better, he still hasn't met aunt leanne or grandpa. Let me know if you would be willing to plan something.

samuraijack said...

heck ya i'd love for you to come and see me jsut call me 1 208 403 6523 or at home