Sunday, November 18, 2007

Religious Fallacies

So i've been thinking how many religious fallacies have you heard, that makes you so mad you can crap a Giant golden pine cone and not feel the pain. For ex-sample (heeh) "If you don't know God probably doesn't want you too know!" I mean really do you accually think god doesn't want you too understand anything, too just accept everything without question or the "trial" prayer how about you go discover life's wonders on your own. I hate taking things for granted especially the one gift god gave and many take for granted; the ability for reason! Next fallacy that cooks my turkey, "If you pray over your food you will never get sick cause god protects you!" I have been the wonderfull recent recipient of this by not more than a month ago - I didn't eat the food - i couldnt bring myself too. who honestly can believe that just because you said a prayer over food that has been rotting in your fridge for more than two months that god will protect you ( personally if i was god i'd make sure you got sick just so you would learn your lessen too take care of your body) ok i'm done venting.......... for now!

6 comments:

Bloo Ruin said...

How about....'we'll just pray about it and whatever happens will be what was meant to happen'. Bull shit!! Get off your ass and do something. God intends us to take care of ourselves...look to him for guidance...look to him when the load is just too damn heavy. He never intended that we should just pray and wait for him to fix it.
Another thing that chaps my hide...If we are created in Gods image...do you not think that we as well have similarities? Such as humor? I think that God loves a good comedy. Now...I am pretty sure some of what we may find funny...would'nt so much be funny to him...but I bet he looks down on us occasionaly and say..."well...you prayed this food is blessed...so instead of it killing you cause its 3months old...I'll just let it make you sick" and chuckles cause we did'nt throw it out 3months ago.

Anonymous said...

I think God agrees with both of you. So now..who are the idiots who told you the fallacies that caused you to stew enough to even write it down? They sound like old school ideas that I haven't heard in a long time.

TooSure said...

ha ha ....uhhh!

rubberbucketsaysso said...

I love your comments! I have personally been looked at funny and even told I was blasphemous when I said God probably enjoys a good joke once in a while. I doubt he jokes at our expense- he lets us reap the rewards of our own mistakes, like eating three month old food...who does that besides our parents?- but I truly believe he has an excellent sense of humor. Why else would he give us a funny bone? As to the other things, it's true, we take things for granted that we aren't 'meant' to know. I think rather that if we truly desire to know, for the good of someone, and we work towards gaining that knowledge, it will come. Joseph Smith didn't translate without some work on his part, and none of the prophets or apostles get revelation without work. It's just the way we think now- we should just get what we need and want without trying. Dumb, but prevalent.

Hot MMMama said...

Nathaniel, I just don't think you should worry about all the dumb things that people say.

The only person on earth you need to be concerned in listening to is the Prophet. His message is Heavenly Father's message and it's constant, never changing and the same answer for every problem you will encounter in life.

Be obedient to the commandments.
Read your scriptures with all diligence.
Pray always and with sincerity of heart.

Oh, and yeah, I think Heavenly Father gets a good chuckle over a bunch of the stuff he sees and hears going on down here. I know I do!!

LIS G said...

ha ha ha ha .. sorry. I have a habit of believing the fallicies sometimes... i'll just say that I think about not getting sick when I pray over a meal.. but I get reminded that it may not be true.. just a few days ago I ate underdone chicken, I got sick.. weeks ago Dan ate glass in his food. (my fault I'm afraid).. and I'm sure we prayed over both of those meals. good times. Thanks to heavenly father, we have to learn to deal with messes that we make for ourselves...